Schaefer Shield is a proprietary coating material that cleans the most difficult molten aluminum maintenance applications. Dross and oxide buildup are easily removed with a scoop. No more hammering (and damaging) refractory linings or tools. Steel or refractory can be coated with two different mixes.
Use Schaefer Shield for ease of cleaning molten aluminum from:
- Furnace Cleaning Tools
- Immersible Door Blades
- Ladle Cups
- Launders (periodic and continuous)
- Pouring Boxes
- Pump Components
- Thermocouple Protection Tubes
- Transfer Ladles
- Reduces labor – cleaning linings is easy and fast.
- Reduces damage to refractory linings – remove buildup by simply scraping.
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE:
- Mix with water and brush or spray, or simply dip the part into the Schaefer Shield.
- No heat-up is required, and air dries in 14-20 hours.
- Extremely non wetting!
Available in 5 gallon pails
- Remove cutting oils from any steel surface you want to coat.